Learn how to measure your bra size with your hands. Follow these steps to determine your band size and cup size, and calculate your bra size accurately
When it comes to finding the perfect bra, knowing your correct bra size is crucial. However, not everyone has a tape measure readily available. But fear not! You can still measure your bra size accurately using just your hands.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to measure your bra size without a tape measure.
Step 1: Determine Your Band Size
The band size is the measurement around your ribcage, just below your breasts. To measure your band size with your hands, follow these steps:
- Stand in front of a mirror and place your hands on your ribcage, just below your breasts.
- Ensure that your hands are parallel to the floor and your fingers are pointing toward each other.
- Using your thumbs, press firmly against your ribcage to feel the resistance of your ribcage.
- Take note of the measurement where your thumbs meet in the center.
Step 2: Determine Your Cup Size
The cup size is the measurement of your breast volume. To estimate your cup size without a tape measure, follow these steps:
- Place your hands on the fullest part of your breasts, ensuring that your fingers are spread apart.
- Gently lift and support your breasts, mimicking the support provided by a well-fitted bra.
- Take note of the measurement where your hands meet in the center of your breasts.
Step 3: Calculate Your Bra Size
Now that you have your band and cup measurements, you can calculate your bra size using the following guidelines:
- If the difference between your band and cup measurements is 1 inch, your bra size is A.
- If the difference is 2 inches, your bra size is B.
- If the difference is 3 inches, your bra size is C.
- If the difference is 4 inches, your bra size is D.
- If the difference is 5 inches, your bra size is DD (or E).
For example, if your band measurement is 32 inches and your cup measurement is 35 inches, your bra size would be 32C.
Additional Tips for a Perfect Fit
While measuring your bra size with your hands can give you a good estimate, it’s important to keep in mind that bra sizing can vary between brands and styles. Here are a few additional tips to ensure a perfect fit:
- Try on different bra styles and brands to find the one that fits you best.
- Pay attention to how the bra feels on your body – it should be snug but not too tight.
- Adjust the straps and band to ensure proper support and comfort.
- Consider getting a professional bra fitting if you’re still unsure about your size.
Remember, finding the right bra size is essential for both comfort and support. By following these steps and considering the additional tips, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect bra that makes you feel confident and comfortable all day long.