While there are thousands of articles out there about how to Make Money On Social Media,am sure your search will stop here as we have covered all the latest information about your search!
Spending lots of time on social media and having many followers or comments and you have no idea how to make money on social media?Worry less because it only means you have a realtime money making potential!
Quick Facts About Social Media
- In 2022, social media is one of the best ways for people to connect with one another.
- Research has shown that the average person spends around two hours a day on social media.
- Internet users spend an average of 2 hours and 22 minutes per day on social networking in 2019.
- The average daily time spent on social in 2018 was 142 minutes a day.
- By 2021, more than 3 billion people are expected to be on social media.
- Projections for social media use estimates the average adult will spend 6 years and 8 months of their life on social media.
- In 2022, some 3.96 billion people use social media, which is more than half the world’s population.
- This number is expected to reach 4.41 billion in 2025.
N/B Images Source:broadbandsearch.net
Time Users Spent On Top 4 Social Media Platforms In The World
What Social Media Platforms Can You Make Money On?
While there are hundreds of social media platforms out there but we shall focus on 6 most popular for making money 2022!
- Twitter: you can make money on Twitter by tweeting as a ghostwriter, affiliate marketing, sell products, or work as an influencer.-A Twitter ghostwriter is someone who writes tweets for another party in that party’s name. In exchange, the ghostwriter earns money. You earn a commission every time you promote and sell a product and/or service.
- Instagram: you can make money in Instagram by partnering with a brand, push affiliate links, get revenue from ads played on their IGTV videos.
- Pinterest: you can make money in Pinterest by promoting a brand, promote affiliate products, sell your products
- Facebook: You can make money in Facebook by promoting other brands, affiliate marketing, sell your products.
- LinkedIn: You can make money inLinkedIn by placing ads for brands, use affiliate links and sell your products and services.
- YouTube: You can use this platform to post video content of yours, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, collaborate with brands.If you already have a following, or you’re determined to build your audience, joining the YouTube Partner Program to make money on advertising might be a path worth exploring.
How Many Followers Do You Need On Social Media To Make Money?
To start monetizing from your social media you will need to have a huge following. For example,
- with Instagram, you need a minimum of 5,000 Instagram followers and 308 sponsored posts a year to generate $100,000.
- Youtubers will need at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past year to start earning.
- With Facebook, you will need to have at least 10,000 followers and 30,000 +1 minute view
How To Make Money On Social Media- 18 Proven ways
1.Get Paid for Reviewing Affiliate Products
Affiliate marketing is the process by which an affiliate earns a commission for marketing another person’s or company’s products. The affiliate simply searches for a product they enjoy, then promotes that product and earns a piece of the profit from each sale they make. The sales are tracked via affiliate links from one website to another.
The Affiliate May Get Paid In Various Ways:
- Pay per sale. This is the standard affiliate marketing structure where you earn % on commission per sale
- Pay per lead. A more complex system, pay per lead affiliate marketing programs compensates the affiliate based on the conversion of leads.
- Pay per click on links.
- Pay per install like Apps.
These Are The Top Affiliate Programs To Join To Earn Money:
You’Ll See More Success When You:
- Build an audience
- Show that you provide value
- Sparingly promote affiliate products
2.Charge For Sponsored Posts
- The price that influencers charge per post will vary depending on the number of followers, type of post, and social media platform.
- Nano influencers (less than 10,000 followers) can charge from $10 – $200 per post.
- On the other hand, micro influencers (10,000 – 50,000 followers) can charge up to $1K per post.
- When deciding how much to charge for a sponsored Instagram post, ALWAYS start with this simple formula:
Charge $10 for every THOUSAND followers you have.
- On Facebook typically you can expect your ads to cost you between $0.50 and $2.00 per click. If you’re in finance & insurance, your Facebook advertising costs may rise to as much as $3.77 per click
3.Sell Your Own Products Or Services On Social Media
- Platforms like Gumroad, Sellfy and Amazon’s KDP program make it easy for you to publish and sell your PDF, MP3 or video file at a price of your choosing — keeping in mind that all platforms do take a cut, even if it’s small
- Facebook MarketPlace and BUY/SELL Groups also help you sell your products and services for free
4.Get Paid To Share Your Knowledge On Social Media
- Market, sell, and deliver digital content to your followers like Exercise Type or Dance Tips
- Get paid to answer simple questions in you are of expertise- Limit your video to ONLY paid subs!
- Be the human intelligence computers can’t replace
- Put Skype and Google Hangouts to work for you.
- Give advice or provide consulting services online on politics or health
- Host webinars using your expertise.
5.Share Affiliate Links
- Affiliate marketing is a form of passive income that’s similar to promoting a brand, except you need your followers to click on a link and make a purchase in order to earn you some commission.
- You can also try becoming an Amazon Associate, allowing you to earn commission through affiliate links for promoting Amazon products.
- Use networks like Rakuten Advertising and Awin to find affiliate programmes that work for you. They have hundreds of thousands of products to choose from, but you obviously need to find something that’s relevant to your subject area.
6.Earn Commissions Through Sponsored Posts
If you’re interested in monetizing your blog by publishing sponsored posts, here are a few places you can look:
7.Sell Your Music On Soundcloud
You can start monetizing your music on SoundCloud in these steps:
- Go to your tracks page.
- Select the desired track and click the pen icon to edit.
- Choose the monetization tab for the track.
- Enable Monetization.
- Select your username for each territory.
- Enter necessary details on the Metadata tab.
- Save your changes
How Many Soundcloud Followers Do You Need To Get Paid?
Quick Tip: There is a requirement of 1000+ profile followers for the profile monetization service, but any music distribution client can deliver their catalog to SoundCloud Go, which monetizes as well.
8.Collaborate With Brands
Brand collaborations are when two or more businesses join forces to create a product for a campaign and mutually benefit from each other.
How Much Does It Cost To Collaborate With A Brand?
The rule of thumb is this: influencer-brand collaborations are priced at $100 for every 10K followers you have depending on the scope of work, meaning if there is a lot involved, you can charge a little more, but don’t be greedy.
If you have around 1,000 followers you could charge around $10-15 per sponsored post.
Best Brand Collaborations 2022 are ;
- Cheetos and Forever 21.
- Lego and Stranger Things.
- McDonald’s and Burger King.
- Vans and Harry Potter.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken and Cheetos.
- Sharpie and Nike.
- Doritos and Taco Bell.
- American Eagle and Lil Wayne.
9.Make Money With The Youtube Partner Program
You can make money on YouTube through the following features:
- Advertising revenue: Get ad revenue from display, overlay, and video ads.
- Channel memberships: Your members make recurring monthly payments in exchange for special perks that you offer.
- Merch shelf: Your fans can browse and buy official branded merchandise that’s showcased on your watch pages.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers: Your fans pay to get their messages highlighted in chat streams.
- YouTube Premium Revenue: Get part of a YouTube Premium subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch your content.
10.Join Influencer Networks
As the world’s largest social media site, Facebook (Instagram) is perhaps the most obvious platform for influencer marketing. Facebook influencers can often reach large audiences that are more targeted than even the platform’s own advertising algorithms, resulting in more successful marketing campaigns.
- An influencer marketing (or monetization) platform, such as ShopYourLikes, connects brands with influencers, and makes it easier for both to work together.
- Brandwatch is a great place to start.
Tips To Help You Connect With Micro-Influencers Effectively:
- Start with Social Media Interactions. Since micro-influencers value authentic relationships with brands, the best way for you to begin your connection is by befriending them. …
- Look for Influential Fans and Followers. …
- Be Direct and Honest
11.Run a Facebook Group
People are using these groups to market their own products and give other businesses a chance to display their products on your Facebook group.
How to create a Facebook Group
- Choose your Facebook Group name and privacy setting. To start, click on “Group” under the “CREATE” section at the bottom of the left sidebar on Facebook. …
- Fill out your Facebook Group’s info. …
- Add or invite friends and promote your Facebook Group. …
- Link it to your Facebook Page.
12.Give Away Free Stuff
Social media giveaways can help you grow your brand rapidly. They can boost your brand awareness, engagement, and sales. To run a successful social media giveaway, you need to pick a reward that motivates people to take part in your contest.
13.Post High-Quality Photos
Invest in a modern phone/gadget with high mega pixel to satisfy the followers curiosity!
How Do I Upload High Quality Photos To Instagram?
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click on the hamburger icon at the top right of the screen to show more options.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Account” then select “Data Usage”
- Switch on the toggle ” High-quality uploads”
14.Fully Disclose Your Relationships With Brands
Make sure to disclose your affiliate relationships. This is a legal requirement in most cases, but it’s also “best practice.” Your readers or viewers will appreciate your honesty.
15.Build A Paid Membership
- Create Private Facebook Groups and invite only members who fit your membership type and create a link for subscription.
- You can also privatize your Twitter ac and allow only members to comment or engage with you.
- WhatsApp Group or Telegram is also a GREAT App for sending links only to paid members incase you are selling an ebook or the some services
16.Always Provide Value To Everyone,Be Consistent
- With the help of content scoring, you can measure and improve your content marketing performance and offer great value to your audience
- Consistency removes uncertainty and leads to trust. Trust, in turn, leads to influence. Most of us have had the experience of working for people who were hot and cold; one day they were one way and the next day another.
- From our experience, the social media sites that send the most traffic to blogs in general are: Facebook,Twitter,Pinterest and Instagram!
- You can use social blogging for the same purposes as you would a blog or social media feed.
- This includes talking about news, events, timely or relevant topics, or themes that matter to your target audience.
- It’s popular for sharing information in real-time, a feature it shares with social media.
18.Content Writing On Social Media Pages And Groups
Offer to help create content for Established Facebook or Instagram Pages for a fee!
Blogs, ebooks, and video content are the three most popular forms of content according to HubSpot, but they don’t need to be all you have
Try and create a scenario which allows readers to go beyond the actual purpose of your product and let them identify with the brand or the Page’s purpose. Doing so, you will establish an emotional connection between the customer and the brand – and that is the precondition of long-term success.
Effective Ways To Create Content For Social Media
- Share Positive Statistics and News. …
- Share and Repurpose User-Generated Content. …
- Leverage Influencer Marketing. …
- Campaign for Social Causes. …
- Personalize Your Content. …
- Use Less Promotional Content. …
- Offer Freebies. …
- Post Social Proof.